2008 Offseason: Links
November 7, 2008 2 Comments
Some tidbits to keep you busy while we wait for something to happen:
- The Sox have been approached about Coco Crisp, and Julio Lugo could be tradeable, with the right amount of cash in the deal.
- Pitching coach John Farrell and Bench coach Brad Mills are being wooed by the manager-less Seattle Mariners. No word on whether either of them would consider a position there, but Farrell already turned down an offer from the Pirates last year, so I don’t think he’d like the M’s any better.
- Fenway Park is getting some touch-up work and 560 new seats. The Sox hope to host the All-Star Game in 2012, when the ballpark will turn 100.
- Jake Peavy really doesn’t want to pitch in the AL, and our chances of landing him are slim to none now.
For those of you who want to know more about free agents, here are a couple of good links:
- A full list of Type A and Type B free agents.
- Sky Kalkman figures the approximate value of the free agent hitters based on run production.