Linkage: Lust for Teixeira, Crisp trade details
November 21, 2008 Leave a comment
Some good reading available here:
- Michael Silverman says that the Red Sox “lust” after Mark Teixeira, who was seen on the sideline at the Georgia Tech game with Jason Varitek this past weekend. He is definitely the prototypical player they love.
- Junichi Tazawa may become an unrestricted free agent in about a week’s time, but will the Red Sox risk offending Japan baseball to get this one player?
- Coco Crisp was almost traded to the Cincinnati Reds, according to Walt Jocketty. Certainly a better choice than Corey Patterson, last year’s Opening Day starter in centerfield.
- Peter Bendix likes the Coco trade for the Red Sox, but Dave Cameron doesn’t.
- A cool article at The Hardball Times profiling Dayton Moore’s obsession with trading away relief pitchers for prospects and semi-useful players.
- Does experience matter in the playoffs? David Gassko thinks so. Most statheads would say no, but I think that’s a big reason we made it as far as we did in this year’s playoffs.